The foreign trade invoice is a CFDI that incorporates the foreign trade supplement.
When is the issuance of the Foreign Trade Invoice mandatory?
In export transactions with customs document code A1 when there is a disposal of goods.
(Disposal of goods shall be understood as set forth in the CFF article 14)
What version of the Foreign Trade supplement is in force?
Version 1.1 of the Foreign Trade supplement is in force since March 01, 2017.
Dates of interest
- March 01, 2017: The obligation to incorporate the foreign trade supplement in the invoice to be issued for the disposal of goods for their final type A-1 export comes into force.
- March to December 2017: Transition period between the entry into force of this obligation and the use of the document of value for the filling of the official customs document.
- If you already incorporated the foreign trade supplement into the invoice, its tax folio must be stated in the official customs document, and such receipt shall be used as a document of value for purposes of the official customs document.
- If you have not yet incorporated the foreign trade supplement into the invoice, you must declare the tax folio of the invoice without the supplement and the acknowledgment of value`
- January 01, 2018: The end of the transition period and afterwards the export shall only proceed when it meets the requirement of issuing the invoice with the foreign trade supplement and its tax folio is declared in the official customs document.
Frequently asked questions of the e-invoice with foreign trade supplement - February 27, 2017 (PDF)
Filling guide of the foreign trade supplement v3.2 - August 7, 2017 (PDF)
Filling guide of the foreign trade supplement v.3.3 - August 31, 2018 (PDF)
About the foreign trade supplement